Affordable Lathe For Beginner

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

RecordOrr

Affordable Lathe For Beginner

Tue May 21, 2019 12:53 am

Does anyone know of a good, affordable Lathe a beginner (me) can purchase for $1000 or under? I already have 2 recordio type cutters, but they need work, and frankly don’t sound any better than if I yelled at a cassette recorder through a tin can. Would a presto or a Rek O Kut be even possible with my budget? It can be a project or a fully working one!

soeffingodly

Re: Affordable Lathe For Beginner

Tue May 21, 2019 9:38 am

$1000 isn't a very realistic number in this day and age of record cutting. If you expect it to work amazingly out of the box anyway. You may be able to find a farm fresh lathe for a good rate but more often than not they need a lot of work. I just sold my Presto K-8 for $2k with a 1-C head and extras. Which was a great deal considering it had all the items for 78, the upgraded head and the amp worked.

Good luck.
"I wasn't lying. Things I said later seemed untrue."

sameal

Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:08 pm

If i had it to do over again, id just get or construct an overhead, buy a nice TT and then search for a head.

But even that will break a thousand pretty fast.

Tron

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:58 am

Check your private messages or send me one...maybe i can help.
[Q/::][Q/::]

dupontkernalron

Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:58 pm

I have a presto k8 with 1c cutterhead mechanically fit tubes light up.I will sell for 1000 dollars plus shipping ,if that helps you.

missedout

Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:14 pm

I'd consider parting with my Rek-O-Kut for that price. Get in touch if that sounds of interest to you