Looking for Lat/Vert Card

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

danteellis

Looking for Lat/Vert Card

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a Lat/Vert card as a backup for a VMS 80 or 82. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Also, does anyone know if a Lat/Vert card from a different machine would work with either an 80 or 82?

Thanks.

Dante

cuttercollector

Re: Looking for Lat/Vert Card

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:20 pm

danteellis wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a Lat/Vert card as a backup for a VMS 80 or 82. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Also, does anyone know if a Lat/Vert card from a different machine would work with either an 80 or 82?

Thanks.

Dante
What is it's purpose in the system?
You know that left/right to lateral/vertical and back is the same as converting from left/right to M/S and back for microphones or other recordings. There are or were outboard solutions for that.
I made a box to do that myself. The primary reason it exists in my system is to convert normal stereo to sum and difference, adjust that ratio and convert it back to stereo for playing with the stereo perspective in program material.
One of the Shure field mixers allows monitoring of M/S microphones (or line inputs) in stereo. The famous Fairchild compressor has a converter in it AFAIK for their head which was vert/lat rather than 45/45 L/R.

BongoJim

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 am

Easy enough in software. You can use Waves M/S matrix. very useful mastering tool... ; )

Simon

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Going a bit off topic

Is this the plugin?

http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=275

http://www.waves.com/
Happy to learn something new.
Wanted: Stylus for Presto, Mono heads Grampian, Fairchild, Presto, Fairchild 740 lathes, Presto 8n, 8d 8dg lathes or parts or Presto or wot ever recording Amps, PM me what you have for sale.