Ortofon Stereo heads on eBay

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

uvoscillator

Re: Ortofon Stereo heads on eBay

Sat May 16, 2015 12:42 pm

beauty,
I know only two things about ortofon heads - they most "truly" heads regarding to be used by bruel&kjaer on they test records, and that they most fragile and expensive to repair.
also heard that much jazz and classics on major labels was recorded especially with ortofons too

do they really useless in "home" cutting? do they need very special pre-post-amps ?
as far I know there is no problem with proper shank diamonds nowadays.

please drop some words if you know something,..

thx
s
Best !

Vice Fiori

Sat May 16, 2015 3:26 pm

I see this beaurties weeks ago..
think why still in sale.. the price maybe?

dietrich10

Sun May 17, 2015 9:01 am

They should be individual auctions
cutting lacquers-vms70 system

socialroots

Mon May 18, 2015 8:34 am

wish i was ready for these . Where does Mr.Woods get such selections of cutting gear? i ve seen a few of the complete cutting systems that he puts together and sells,the mono systems that he sells in the 5000-6000usd range always wish i had enough cash to be his setups,nice guy,aways answers questions,and always seems to get alot different cutting gear going through his yard

Vice Fiori

Mon May 18, 2015 10:17 am

I see, and good to know he's a nice person..
The heads are in great shape, and if they measure the coils, looks like their ok too.. I think he's selling the 2 heads for this price, i hope it is.

The only "shame" as i said, is the price.. not the price he gave to the heads, but our price do buy.
For ex: when i said about price on another reply, i mean, $6.000 cost for me something like R$17,890. With this cash i can buy a t560 starter with meters, motor, vacuum and the amp, it's a lot of money here, even, i think, can get a presto 6n...
And yeah, i know, some people try and cant get the gear from vinylrecorder, I just talking about what (in brazil) we can do with this cash, of corse, if you can have one.
And yeah, make me sad, how amazing this beauties! ):

socialroots

Mon May 18, 2015 11:28 am

Vice Fiori, i understand,and its true about the options to be had with 6000usd about a month ago ,Mr.Woods had a very nice fairchild lathe with cutting amp,preamp ,with a presto1D head ,srt up as a working ,ready to cut system ALLfor 5000usd,might seem quite expensive for a mono set up,but piecing together a cutting lathe from scratch,the time,effort,patience involved is quite expensive as well ,5000usd. seems like a fair price for a turnkey system these days.
Brazil,i have familia there,Bahia and in Minas Gerais,great food,outstanding music culture as well,would love to go on a vinly dig there someday!

Vice Fiori

Mon May 18, 2015 4:38 pm

I think it's fair too, How much people I see trying to sell a almost rotten presto for 3, 4k?! it's really fair and its a beautiful piece how you can make nice things, if i can i really want one of these...
by the way, where you see his selling this fairchild?.
You are welcome, My uncle born in Bahia, part of my father's family from Minas Gerais, haha, you make me remember, my mother have a lot of "umbanda" and spiritism cassette tapes when i was a child, but she put it in trash when vynil and cassette turn a cd.
Make me sad, now i use 2 tascam's and record in cassette, and looking for a good price record lathe to start put music into blanks...