Info on Lyrec SV2 Portable cutters

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

monno

Info on Lyrec SV2 Portable cutters

Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:08 am

Hi all,

Hi all,
First post here. It has for some time been a source of wonder as to why i have never found any cutting equipment in my home country of Denmark.
Being where Lyrec and Ortofon hails from, it has puzzled me that there never seemed to be anything by way of cutting going on.

Like many others i am sure, I have a dream of being able to work with this wonderful medium, but neither my bank nor my life in general allows me to chase down that dream in any pro sense of the word.

Via a friend of mine i have found a Lyrec SV2 portable cutter and cannot for the life of me find any info on it besides the year it was first introduced.

If anybody has any data on this enigmatic device i´d appreciate it dearly. It could be just a curiosity/collectors item, but it would be fun if it could somehow be used/upgraded as a getting my feet wet introduction to this stuff. Since this is the first one i have heard of in the wild i have no clue as to what such a thing would be worth if useful (my thought is to make an offer on the device if it´s capable enough to be used as a learning tool)

I have no further information on the device as of now, but i will contact the owner and arrange to go see it.

Monno

dubcutter89

Re: Info on Lyrec SV2 Portable cutters

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:20 am

Denmark, the land of high fidelity :D

Sorry, I don't have any info on this either... But looking at the picture on the web it seems like the danish counterpart to the old neumann/telefunken/... mobile recording machines. Not to special. Most of them only do 78 RPM and can do only inside out or outside in recording with one fixed pitch (playing time). Don't know... But I also see that it has an improved overhead design similair to the later machines that could be good for microgroove operation...

In good shape and with a bit of engineering (turntable speed, amplifier, eqs....) and time this could probably make a nice starter!

If you don't want it then maybe I can get it to my cousins place in denmark for pickup the next time I come by...

Skol
Lukas
Wanted: ANYTHING ORTOFON related to cutting...thx