assembling equipment for transcribing

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

THEVICTROLAGUY

assembling equipment for transcribing

Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:51 pm

waiting for the weather to clear on the east coast and i'm off to pick up the lathe. in the meantime i am assembling equipment in order to do custom transfers, either to disc or simply mp3 files from cassette, reel to reel etc. just picked this up on ebay for 19 bucks, califone institutional cassette recorder in full working condition mounted in the original wooden hard case. works perfectly and is quite stable, makes great transfers also came with 6 sets of full size mono headphones, bought it from greenwood high school in Wisconsin. couldn't pass on the price, total cost with shipping was $ 29.00. the machine has a 12 volt input so i am pulling it out of its case and mounting a 12 volt gel cell inside, i can eliminate the a.c. hum and wont need an external power source, i can use the 12 volt input on the back to charge the battery. the second video is a mp3 transfer from my cell phone to tape, this things works quite well...

tragwag

Re: assembling equipment for transcribing

Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:01 am

excellent!
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com