Help me build Lather récord cutting

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

WANCHO

Help me build Lather récord cutting

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:16 am

Hello friends, I introduce myself, my name is Juan and I am from Spain and DJ since 1998. After a lot of searching I came to this forum which is dedicated to what I have been trying to accomplish for a long time "to record a polycarbonate or acetate disc " The problem is that on the Internet I cannot find a complete tutorial with everything necessary, parts, exact measurements, components or 3D designs, the latter I have knowledge of 3D design. Summarizing a complete tutorial to be able to follow. I have a Technics SL 1210 to use as a lathe what a Lather would need to take advantage of the Technics. I do not want to extend more just to thank you and I hope some way forward that you can provide me. :wink:

WANCHO

Re: Help me build Lather récord cutting

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:39 am

I think this thread should have gone in the Newbie forum section, please gentlemen administrators how can I move it?

Fela Borbone

Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:23 pm

WANCHO

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:14 am

Yes, I'm already on it, thanks, it's very interesting, the next step is the head dragging system with a stepper motor and the dimensions of that system besides the supports. I'm looking for some 3D parts for this purpose. I found something in a web page

http://www.masonbrown.me/vinyl/

But unfortunately the links are down or broken.

Very good thread, friend Fela Borbone, thanks for your answer.