Stamper Hole Sizes

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Tron

Stamper Hole Sizes

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Hello all,

Are they many different STAMPER center hole sizes?

I am looking to use stampers in a different location other than the West Coast due to shipping rates for a particular project.

I know that stampers at Palomino fit Bill Smith's presses.

Anyone know what Plants have the same size as these two plants?

Please explain if anyone has some insite.

thanks
[Q/::][Q/::]

Aussie0zborn

Re: Stamper Hole Sizes

Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:47 am

There are five shapes/sizes that come to mind. There could be more.

Why not check specifically with the plant that is supplying you with the stampers and the plant you intend to send them to, just to be sure?

Failing any firm information, you can always send flat unformed stampers to the plant and let them punch a new hole to their own specification, assuming they have those facilities in-house. This ofcourse will cost you an extra set of stampers but it still might be less than the cost of freight.

Tron

Re: Stamper Hole Sizes

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Thanks for the reply Auzzie, basically I have stampers already that fit 2 plants for sure. I am trying to find an option to avoid high price of shipping from WEST COAST, last I checked Palomino was super busy like many others. I am curious anyone knows another option for this size STAMPER.
[Q/::][Q/::]