motor mounting screws for Presto 6N

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

prestogirl

motor mounting screws for Presto 6N

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:19 pm

hey,
by trying to adjust the idler wheels and motor mounting of my Presto 6N it seems to be impossible to find the right positioning between motor pulley and rubber wheels ... found out now, that the motor mounting screws are heavily bent ... so, has anyone an idea, where I could get some new screws?

I think I also should change the rubber grommets (and rubber wheels too - maybe I try terrys rubber rollers) ...

Doug6N

Presto mounting

Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:37 pm

Hi Prestogirl:

I'm in the USA but I got some stainless steel replacement mounting screws at a local hardware store here. So I would think the same would be available in your location.

Terry's Rubber Rollers did a beautiful job on the drive wheels for my own 6N once again though he's in the US

Doug

cd4cutter

Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:53 pm

All American-made equipment made before about 1980 used SAE or "English" standard threads on their machine screws. You might have a problem finding SAE threaded screws and nuts anywhere in europe, even England :? . If these thread into plates or other equipment parts such that you can't substitute metric screws, you might have to figure out what the thread size is and order them from the USA. They are still readily available over here.
Collecting moss, phonos, and radios in the mountains of WNC