Presto Inputs/Outputs

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

craterranch

Presto Inputs/Outputs

Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm starting to work on my new Presto 12E, but unfortunately I don't have any documentation and a lot of the inputs and outputs aren't labeled. There are five by the cutter arm, shown in the first picture. Number 1 is output to the cutting head, pretty sure (felt the cutting stylus move when I played something through an input). Could 2 also be an output, perhaps for different level? 3 and 4 are definitely inputs. Not sure if they differ at all, like for different level or something, or just two of the same; maybe for two different mics. Not sure about 5 but my guess would be microphone as well. The second picture shows a jack by the base of the playback arm. No idea yet on that one. I'm also confused by the two switches shown in the last picture. "PAS" is surly "public address system," but toggling it doesn't seem to do anything. The "Lights" switch also doesn't seem to have an affect (pilot light says on all the time).
IMG_7812.JPG
IMG_7811.JPG
IMG_7809.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.