URGENT QUESTION, Disco-Press of Belgium - still in business?

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

blacknwhite

URGENT QUESTION, Disco-Press of Belgium - still in business?

Mon May 07, 2012 6:50 am

URGENT QUESTION, "Disco-Press" of Herk-de-Stad, Belgium - still in business? If so, can anyone give me ANY contact info, for last-second inclusion in upcoming book Basic Disc Mastering 2nd Ed.? Disco-Press's website is now dead: Also, they don't come up under google search for "belgium vinyl record pressing" or similar searches:

http://www.discopress.be/

I saw somewhere online, somsone commented also, saying that the only place they could find Disco-Press was through linkedin , but I searched "Disco-Press Belgium" in linkedin and I didn't see them in the results, it was a bunch of other non-vinyl-related seemingly random stuff not even in Belgium...

Any contact info, or word on whether they're still in business, is appreciated.

Their street sign below, from a youtube video I found, mentions "Galvomat", presumably a connected business for plating - searched that and found no website for them either. But DID find this old listing on a 3rd party business listins website, but I don't want to call Belgium from USA to see if they're still in business or not - anyone in Belgium want to call?:

GALVOMAT BVBA : company nameCompany GALVOMAT BVBA
GALVOMAT BVBA : company addressAddress Houwijkerstraat 1 3540 Herk-De-Stad, Limbourg
GALVOMAT BVBA : company countryCountry Belgium
GALVOMAT BVBA : company phone/tel Phone +3213553111
GALVOMAT BVBA : company fax Fax +3213551493
GALVOMAT BVBA : product Product - Audio Systems
- Sheet Metalwork Engineers or Fabricators

[EDIT] Just found this posting by mossboss in 2011 about Philips suing Disco-Press... Anyone know for sure if Disco-Press is really gone?...
https://lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?p=15882&mforum=lathetrolls

Thanks,
- Bob

mossboss

Mon May 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Sold up by the liquidators through a court order obtained by Phillips Industries for non payment of royalties on CD a court order was obtained on that issue by Phillips some time way back like a year or two beforehand which they appealed They lost the appeal so that was it Boom
Rumor has it that it will fire up again as some of the gear has been purchased by the original owners at auction only rumors at this stage but it has been persisting for a while now Regardless no Disco press exists today and if it ever starts up again it will be very doubtful it would be called as such
Cheers
Chris

blacknwhite

Mon May 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks for the info... Sad to hear Goliath won as you put it; hope Belgium does get a vinyl plant back at some point...

- Bob