Vestax VRX2000 One Channel Lower

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Coccolino

Vestax VRX2000 One Channel Lower

Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:12 am

Hello Trolls !!! can someone help me to solve my problem? I am using the Vestax VRX2000, and after cutting the disc and listening to it, one channel is much lower in volume than the other. The stylus is new, the weight of the arm is about 50 grams (I followed the instructions in the manual) ... what could it depend on?

PMST

Re: after cutting the disc, listening to one channel is much lower in volume than the other

Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:28 am

What lathe and cutter head are you using?

Coccolino

Re: after cutting the disc, listening to one channel is much lower in volume than the other

Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:04 am

Vestax vrx 2000...I found that the stylus tended slightly to the left; I took it apart and corrected the angle slightly, and it seems to have improved a lot now, if I have any problems I will let myself be heard. I use both harmodiscs, but also another type, which must be treated by heating it first and both types work.