HOW TO REGISTER v 3

yep.

Moderators: piaptk, mossboss, Aussie0zborn, tragwag, Steve E., Simon

HOW TO REGISTER v 3

Unread postby Steve E. » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:09 am

Update: I need to revise this again, as the look of the board has changed entirely.

But please note these seven (7) basic things:

1) You need to manually email SteveEspinola@ gmail .com after you register.
2) You need to include your username when you email steve.
3) You need to include your username when you email steve.
4) If your email does not include the phrase "my username is" in it, you are probably doing it wrong.
5) You need to include your username when you email steve.
6) You need to tell Steve what your username is, when you email him.
7) I'm not sure how else to put this, but if you don't include your username in the email you send to Steve, he cannot activate your account.

That's what you need to do. It's nice to know your real name and your email address --great, even!-- but what I need is your login username, you see. I can't magically weed through thousands of spambots to figure out who you are, and it would take over my life to do a search in the mysql databases several times a day to hunt you down through detective work. So, that's why.

Oh, and #8:

8 ) You need to include your username when you email steve.

Here's how you register for this site! Newly revised.

Click the "Register" link.
1.gif

Click "I Agree to these terms."
2.gif
Steve E.
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (14)

Re: HOW TO REGISTER v 3

Unread postby Steve E. » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:09 am

Create a unique USERNAME.
Supply your email address.
Create a password.
Correctly type the "Confirmation Code."
Click "Submit."
3.gif

This is new: If you are registering in English, you will see a screen telling you that there is another step.

4.gif

This screen should say:

"Your account has been created. However, this board requires account activation by the forum gatekeeper/janitor, who is taking a nap. Email SteveEspinola @ g mail with your USERNAME and a sentence or two describing your interest in the topic at hand, and he will take care of it. (An email has been sent to you, saying the same thing.)"

Unfortunately, if you registered in another language, this screen will tell you something different. It will say that you can simply wait for the admin to activate your account. NOT TRUE. That will not happen. You must take action.
Steve E.
Site Admin

Unread postby Steve E. » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:10 am

You will get this email:
5.gif

Write back, making sure to tell me your USERNAME (which is not necessarily your email address) and including a sentence or two letting me know that you aren't one of the spambots. It's a good idea to have "Lathe Trolls" somewhere in the subject heading.
6.gif

When I write back to you, or if you receive an activation confirmation, you are all set! This will normally happen within a day or so (maybe longer on the weekends). If it is more than 3 days, email me again....There is always a small chance it got lost in the wreckage.

See you soon!
Steve E.
Site Admin

Unread postby Steve E. » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:28 am

By the way....if you change your email address later, your account will be automatically locked. Sorry! I can't make that not happen. So....if that DOES happen, just email me (SteveEspinola @ g mail .... ) and I will fix it.
Steve E.
Site Admin

Return to Circuits, schematics and manuals