bearing for cutter arm and spring 4 presto

Links to helpful record-lathe-oriented services (repair, equipment) and their websites.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

45rpmdude

bearing for cutter arm and spring 4 presto

Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:22 am

bearing for cutter arm and spring 4 presto MC 41.. just need a beariong and a tiny spring to engage to lower my cutting arm.. i lost the bearing and the tiny spring broke.

thats all tha i need.. it has to lock in place to engace on the tooth of the worm screw

lock in place to

rsimms3

Re: bearing for cutter arm and spring 4 presto

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:47 am

What is a Presto MC 41? I'm not familiar with this model number or reference. I've seen you use it before when discussing the cutting head and repairs.

In terms of bearings, you should be able to go to a hardware store and purchase an adequate replacement, if not you can try an auto repair store.

45rpmdude

Re: bearing for cutter arm and spring 4 presto

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:26 am

its to engage the cutter nails to turn and lock onto the worm screw. The thread of the screw. while it turns. on the aparatis. this mc 41 head looks like an astatic one on this site, only my shell is a generic grey color.. these heads are magnetic.. the only problem my magnet wont hold a charge.. So i have to substutute another magnet or do a build from scratch thing.

check out the -- Cutter Head Repair on west techs page.. labled m-41..
some say m-41 gib told me once mc-41.. im not sure wy.. maybe it was a later model prior to 1948. it says techno craft series 46. i dont know why..cant find any info on this model..