Federal Recorder Art Deco Lathe replacement outside In feedscrew

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

piaptk

Federal Recorder Art Deco Lathe replacement outside In feedscrew

Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:55 am

yo! I got stuck with one of those beautiful art deco Federal Recorders, but the feedscrew was inside out, making it relatively useless. It was also 78 only. I am using one of Jed's external belt drive motors, so speed was taken care of, but that feedscrew was a serious issue. So I sent it to my machinist and had him make a slightly finer pitch replacement that runs outside in rather than inside out.

If you are sitting on an inside out federal and want an outside in Federal, slide into them DMs and I can have my machinist make one for you.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com