Somebody sell Blank Discs ?

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Coccolino

Somebody sell Blank Discs ?

Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:33 pm

Hello trolls !!! somebody in EU sell blanc discs ?

leemichael

Re: Somebody sell Blanc Discs ?

Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:29 pm

Yes, MyShank in France.

Coccolino

Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:20 am

is there only myshank? they never reply to my emails, they don't seem to care about selling !!!

boryo

Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:23 pm

contact them on instagram, @myshank_diamonds

PMST

Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:21 am

Europe is Souri or MyShank

MyShank is easiest by Instagram like Boryo said

Coccolino

Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:56 am

Big Thanks !!!! I've written to him !!!!

emorritt

Re: Somebody sell Blank Discs ?

Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:40 am

Try Aaron at http://www.blanqrecords.com I have used his discs and they're very quiet compared to others. You have to use a diamond cutting point, which you can get from myshank, which IMHO are the best diamond styluses made. I have also successfully used a NOS stellite point on Aaron's discs with good results for demonstrations with older machines. As with any plastic discs, you can't use a cutting stylus with burnishing facets - those only work with lacquer. Plastic causes them to quickly wear out and become noisy/useless.

SueDenim

Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:32 am

emorritt wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:40 am
As with any plastic discs, you can't use a cutting stylus with burnishing facets - those only work with lacquer. Plastic causes them to quickly wear out and become noisy/useless.
Now you say that, but MyShank now has a brand new product titled, "Diamond stylus PVC Micron Facets". Haven't used it yet myself, but I'm very interested...

Coccolino

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:55 am

Excuse me, do you think he wants to sell (myshank) ? ... these are my and his dialogues, after contacting him on instagram: (I) Hello !!!!! Please could you tell me how to order blanc discs from you for cutting dubplates etc.. 12", 7" coloured, and black too !!! big thanks !!!! Best !!!!
(HE) no reply
(I)sorry...i would ask too if you have some product to apply to the disc before being engraved, to make the surface a little softer to facilitate cutting....thanks !!!!!!

(HE)Hi…
(I)hi
(I)sorry.......please could you tell me if can buy blanc discs from you ?....Thanks !!!! i'm in italy !!!!
no reply

Stevie342000

Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:53 pm

Rome was not built in a day but just because it is called Instagram (and you have no idea if the person you are contacting gets one or a 1000 or more messages per day or that they have some other issue to deal with in the real world)does not mean that an instant reply will be forth coming. You may wish to purchase blank discs but I suspect My Shank gets 100s of messages which lead to no sales....and if he has enough sales then he may not be inclined to reply...I know that is the position I would take.......I have always found him very useful and he does reply it may not be instantly....but is it unreasonable to give some one a day or two or a week before you contact them again....It's a filtering system to get rid of the no hope of a sale so why should I waste my time........

PLD

Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:22 pm

Surely it'd be better to register an account on MyShank's website and order discs from there, rather than relying on social media messaging?

Coccolino

Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:21 am

I would not like to make controversy, but when here on the forum I asked where I could find blank records in eu, and they pointed me to myshank, I asked if there was anyone else, as I tried to register (I lost count of how many times) without success; I contacted the manager, but nothing to do, when I then contacted him on instagram he just hinted at me, that is, treating me with disdain; someone says that having a large amount of customers to wait, I could not expect him to reply immediately: But I saw that this person saw my complaint on the site, so if he has time to see the messages here, he could not reply to mine purchase requisition message?.

Stevie342000

Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:33 am

Whilst you may not wish to make a controversy you are making a mountain out of a molehill, you have been advised where to go to get supplies. What exactly are we supposed to do if he does not reply. There are few options and you just have to be patient...He will reply in his own good time....if that does not suit you or you I want it now....then again that is not our problem.....if you have been given the advise and you do not wish to accept it then when you do not hear what you want to here...then why come here or ask the question in the first place.......bleating here is not going to change anything......

MEGAMIKE

Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:17 pm

just make them yourself
its PETG you want (for diamond only)and you have a better chance than me where you are to find black PETG
get a sheet from the local plastic shop 1700 by 1400?? 1mm roll it up and take it to a cnc place (non laser its illegal to laser cut PETG).
and get them to cut it up how you want or use a free CAD program and make up the sizes (ive made my personal sizes).
Also going to a cnc guy everytime was too expencive for me so I use my presto 8n to cut my blanks :D ...

Coccolino

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:09 am

Hey Megamike !!!!! thanks for recommending them !!!!!

alesfer

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:36 am

Coccolino, I sent you a private message