FS: Presto 8DG w Grampian Selected Fully restored & amazing

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

piaptk

FS: Presto 8DG w Grampian Selected Fully restored & amazing

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Will post photos next time im at my laptop. But there are photos on the Record Cutter’s Guild FB Group

For Sale! Fully restored Presto 8DG with Grampian Selected Cutter Head. Includes scope, vacuum, Heater, Variac, etc. WORKS GREAT! RREADY TO ROLL! We’ve taken this completely apart, had it sandblasted and powder coated, put a new top on it, etc. The only cosmetic thing we didn’t do was the aluminum trim and a worn badge. Other than than, it looks like it just rolled off the factory floor. We put new, higher torque motors, a new pulley tree to go from 96-224lpi, and even opened up the gear box to confirm that all the gears and wormscrews were in good shape... has been modified to cut at 33/45. This is as close to a Scully as you’ll ever get for less than $75,000. Will easily accomodate whatever stereo head makes it to market first. Located in Tucson, but we can crate it if needbe, or perhaps deliver it. Kris Dorr can also be hired to fly wherever and install it and train you on it if you’d like.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

piaptk

Re: FS: Presto 8DG w Grampian Selected Fully restored & amaz

Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:51 pm

SOLD!
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.LatheCuts.com

symatic

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:24 am

out of interest , mike, what motors did you use to upgrade?

piaptk

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:37 am

It took some modification, but these were as close as i could find. https://www.bodine-electric.com/products/ac-motors/34r-series-ac-induction-motor/N0297/
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.LatheCuts.com

symatic

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:56 pm

are they noisy?

the motor i replaced my NYC-34 Bodine with is quite noisy, mostly cos it has a fan.... but definately noisier than the old Bodines. just wondering if theres another option. Specs wise mine is as close to the NYC-34 as I could find and pretty much like for like - on paper.