LYREC MOTOR - Swap 60Hz for 50Hz.

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Cutterwoller

LYREC MOTOR - Swap 60Hz for 50Hz.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:24 am

Hello All,

I have a friend here in London who has a 60hz lyrec motor. Although usable with some external equipment, a 50hz is preferable in this country.

Does anyone have a 50hz Lyrec motor they would like to swap with this 60hz motor?

Let me know, cheers, Lewis

Greg Reierson

Re: LYREC MOTOR - Swap 60Hz for 50Hz.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:55 am

I don't, but when you find one, take extra care to match the run caps to the system. Mine was converted from 50Hz to 60Hz but they didn't change the run caps so the whole system was fighting with excessive motor vibration and running hot. I changed the caps and it smoothed everything out nicely.

Here's a thread from a few years back:

https://www.lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4844&p=29438&hilit=autoformer#p29438
Greg Reierson
http://www.RareFormMastering.com
VMS70 :: SAL74B :: SX74

Bonati

Re: LYREC MOTOR - Swap 60Hz for 50Hz.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:29 pm

Hey Lewis - get in touch. I have a 50Hz Lyrec. Was on a lathe from Jamaica. I am using a Technics SP-02 now. Wouldn't mind swapping for a 60Hz Lyrec (for backup) but we would need to work out the details.

I put new bearings in the Lyrec about two years ago with the help of Chris Muth. These beasts are heavy. Shipping will be a pain in the ass.