Neumann AM32

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Voxster1965

Neumann AM32

Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi trolls,

I am letting go my original AM32 (pre AM32B) controller with the original power supply, limiter and amplifier.

I don't need anymore as have upgraded to the Pitch 13 system.

PM me if interested - I am based in Adelaide, South Australia. Will post some images here when I get a moment.

tubefan

Re: Neumann AM32

Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:20 am

If you mount the pitch13 motor in place of the slow motor in the AM32 pitch box it's quieter for lead-outs and lead-ins than if you mount on the plate of the lathe casting. I've always had trouble with rumble when I direct-mount the motor on the lathe casting.

flozki

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 am

well not true anymore.
if you do it nicely.
thick mounting plate.
rubber damping between mounting plate and linear slide then there is no more noise.
of course you changed the 40-50 year old bearing and did a nice cleanup before....

there is also another verison of belt, pulley with round profile instead of the square T2.5 version. reduces as well.

so this old unit is definitely not needed anymore for best performance.
often the alignement error of the two units icreases the noise. and the flywheel reduces dynamics.
i would always go with direct version now.

tubefan

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:37 pm

I will have to try the round tooth belt. I usually replace the feedscrew bearing when I rebuild. Even toothless flat belts still transmit vibration if there's enough tension.

The VMS80 coupling is nice. Diaphragm in-line coupling with no side loading on the feedscrew bearings. The old style pitch box as stock is close to this quiet. Perhaps more filtering than desired now for tight cuts because of the flywheel on the feedscrew but it's quiet.