presto 8 g/v lathe for sale.

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

chris king

presto 8 g/v lathe for sale.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:03 am

Hi everyone, I have this fully restored presto 8 g/v for sale. It has been converted to a Technics SP 10 turntable drive but also included is the original Presto motor. As you can see it has been completely restored to as new condition. I also have various Presto amps which one can be included in a deal. Please PM me your offers or questions. The lathe is in England and I will help with shipping if required. This is a very rare vari pitch lathe in fantastic condition. I do not have any spare cutterheads so you will need to get one. Please do not send me low ball offers, this is a great find for someone but it is not a few hundred pounds lathe, im sure we all know its worth so please make your offers reflect this. thanks every one. Private message me or email to classiclambretta@btconnect.com with offers. thanks kingy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chris king

Re: presto 8 g/v lathe for sale.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:33 am

I forget to mention that this lathe can cut outside in and inside out discs.

mrd

Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:15 am

PM sent

piaptk

Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:01 pm

Whoa! Nice! Any Chance I could get a scan of that manual?
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

Kris D

Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi Chris, nice looking 8. I am curious to see which type of variable pitch system it has, the plates and quill block or the one with the belts and flywheels. Could you take some pictures of that section? I also note the lack of pitch control knob and pointer extending from the door on the front of the lathe, how is variable pitch controlled? The Motiograph badge is very cool and something I have never seen on a DG or DGV before. The S badge is also a first, do you have any info on the history of this machine or serial number?

If you have any questions about the 8 feel free to dm me, I have restored 3 of them.

Kris

chris king

Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:25 pm

I believe the lathe is an 8 d g. not 8 gv. if any one can comfirm this please do. will get pics of vari pulley system when I get 5 mins.

piaptk

Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:31 am

Yes, if it has a pulley tree, it is an 8DG... the 8gv had a little dial that determined the pitch.

Still an amazing machine!
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

chris king

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:57 pm

THANK YOU.....IM SURE IT WILL FIND A NEW HOME SOON.

Simon

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:04 am

I am in the U.K. and would love to see the lathe as I already own one and am missing some vital parts that I need to document and copy.

Let me know thanks
Happy to learn something new.
Wanted: Stylus for Presto, Mono heads Grampian, Fairchild, Presto, Fairchild 740 lathes, Presto 8n, 8d 8dg lathes or parts or Presto or wot ever recording Amps, PM me what you have for sale.