Tip-Off: Studer A80VU Preview machines

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

StephenMarsh

Tip-Off: Studer A80VU Preview machines

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:06 am

Hi Folks - long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyone out there looking to step-up to all-analog cutting or maybe in need of a spare?

I'm primarily a digital mastering engineer here in Los Angeles but, I also rebuild/restore Studer tape machines. To that end.........

I'm currently re-working on a pair of Studer A80VU preview machines that the owner would like to sell once they're all tuned up.

The 1st deck is a 1/4" Mk1 with Butterfly heads in both positions and the 1.080.773-11 transformerless IO cards

The 2nd deck is a 1/2" Mk2 with standard electronics

Both decks are 15/30 and both decks have NEW Audio, Logic and Power Supply electrolytic caps and NEW guide and roller bearings. Both decks will also have full tension adjustments and be operationally turn-key prior to delivery.

Please do let me know if anyone is hunting and I'll connect you with the owner directly.

Thanks--Steph

jinman

Re: Tip-Off: Studer A80VU Preview machines

Mon May 01, 2017 5:48 am

Hi Stephen,

Any leads on any lathes for sale in the Los Angeles area? Looking for a presto 6n or any decent Fairchild system.

Thanks,

StephenMarsh

Re: Tip-Off: Studer A80VU Preview machines

Mon May 01, 2017 2:56 pm

Nothing that I know of at this time but I'll keep me ear open. the only mothballed lathe I know of in LA is the old precision VMS80 which I don't think Marcussen ever got going again. Certainly there are others better informed than me on here though.