In the market for a presto or any entry level lathe

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

jinman

In the market for a presto or any entry level lathe

Thu May 26, 2016 4:33 am

Hi trolls,

I'm a long time vinyl enthusiast, medium time lurker looking to make the jump into this wonderful hobby - but, as you know, gear is difficult to come across and more often then not in a state of disrepair.

I'm an amateur electronics repairman at best but I work in the engineering department of a company filled with great minds so I should be able to make any necessary modifications / repairs within reason.

If anyone has a lead on any entry level lathe with a decent frequency response I would be greatly appreciative and certainly interested in purchasing it. My budget is in the ballpark of 1-2k to start - I have every intention of working myself up to a scully or a neumann within ten years.

Thanks and beat regards,
Jesse

jinman

Re: In the market for a presto or any entry level lathe

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:37 am

bump.. still in the market, been waiting on a lead from Robert van dyke but he is moving.... slow.. to say the least