WTB: General Radio knobs

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

bancho

WTB: General Radio knobs

Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:15 pm

I'm searching for black General Radio knobs with pointer, especially KNSP-8. Also some others (like KNSP-6, KNB-1, KNB-2...) would be nice.
If anybody has something like that lying around... let me know.
Thanks!

Stevie342000

Re: WTB: General Radio knobs

Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:52 pm

A google search on General Radio Knobs and KSB-8 does elicit results but without a picture it is difficult to determine what you are looking for. Gearslutz one of the results suggests eBay, if those are the knobs you are looking for then they may be the ones on Fairchild equipment some of those knobs listed right now. Or do you mean the round ones which would be more RCA or Daven.

You may find what you are looking for here: https://www.surplussales.com/ShaftHardware/Knobs-2.html

They have a whole host of stuff it also came up as this: https://www.surplussales.com/Equipment/GeneralRadio.html which came up on the Google Search the first item again if those are the knobs you are looking for it then they are again Fairchild knobs but a search on eBay looking for General Radio knobs might elicit what you are after.

If they are vintage then be prepared to pay a price for them they are not cheap.

bancho

Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:25 pm

These knobs look more like the Davens (but they are General Radio!)... so they are round. KNSP type have the pointer and KNS is without. Different numbers - different sizes (larger number - bigger knob).
The KNBs are more like "chicken head" but (again) different. Below there are sample pictures (there is KNSP-6... I need 8 which is bigger). And you are right - this type of knobs are on General Radio and some Fairchild equipment.
Each type has its own marking at the bottom... so if anyone has something like that lying around please check and let me know.
I actually have the KNS-8s but would prefer the ones with pointer...
Yes viiintaaage :evil: ... so they must be expensive... What about if I say they are just old... maybe I'd get them cheaper :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stevie342000

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Like these ones then? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Gray-General-Radio-Knob-KNSP-8-for-Fairchild-660-670-Tube-Compressor-/301511330722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463379cba2

He has 3 of them, make sure you're sat down when you see the price. There are others if you do a search for General Radio Knob KNSP 8 on eBay but roughly the same price. Your colour options may be limited.

bancho

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:33 pm

thank you for ebay tip... actually I check it (almost) everyday. I would need black, thats why I'm asking.
I've passed many auctions because of irrationally sky high prices... the guy from aforementioned "auction" is selling them for more than half a year :wink:
I think ebay is not reference any more. People are trading stuff via forums' classifieds more and more.
I think I know almost every place on internet where I could get the black ones (nowhere)... so I just had to ask if somebody from this forum has them at home somewhere.

dietrich10

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:43 pm

I could a few but the question is where are they?
cutting lacquers-vms70 system

Stevie342000

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:47 pm

There are not so many bargains to be had on eBay anymore, you might try here but whatever you do read the forum rules and avoid mentioning eBay by name.

http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php?

It's UK based but no reason why you should not be able to find them, I thought you might need black. Would getting one in x colour and getting it 3D printed in the colour you want be a cheaper option? Making assumptions here that you need a 3D image in order to do 3D printing.

Someone may have them on here too just keep waiting it will turn up at some point at the right price at the right time.

bancho

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:59 pm

Awesome! Thanks! :D