Stereo cutting head project enclosure $45!

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Self-lather

Re: Stereo cutting head project enclosure $45!

Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:02 pm

julsdylan wrote:update, the torque is now screw on so its way more rigid , i made amounting system, i tried to cut some record by plugging the the head direct the output on laptop and old the head by hand and moving it slowly to cut the grove, it worked but it was hard to find the groove to play it back , i got some playback so its encouraging.
Cool man, nice progress. Looks like we're about in the same boat. I made an adaptor for my K8, and I've some sound cutting. although its really really quiet right now. Based on the discussions above, I'm trying to rework the torque and the stylus holder to be a bit more Neumann like, which will hopefully help the sound quality. Eventually I want to try to make my own coils, but thats way down the line.

Did you build an overhead transport? If so I'd love to see what you have going on. I've been looking into some linear stages for possible use as an overhead transport.

-Thomas

julsdylan

Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Self-lather wrote:
julsdylan wrote:update, the torque is now screw on so its way more rigid , i made amounting system, i tried to cut some record by plugging the the head direct the output on laptop and old the head by hand and moving it slowly to cut the grove, it worked but it was hard to find the groove to play it back , i got some playback so its encouraging.
Cool man, nice progress. Looks like we're about in the same boat. I made an adaptor for my K8, and I've some sound cutting. although its really really quiet right now. Based on the discussions above, I'm trying to rework the torque and the stylus holder to be a bit more Neumann like, which will hopefully help the sound quality. Eventually I want to try to make my own coils, but thats way down the line.

Did you build an overhead transport? If so I'd love to see what you have going on. I've been looking into some linear stages for possible use as an overhead transport.

-Thomas
I don't know yet what I'm gonna do either a stationary head and moving turntable or the opposite , I'm waiting for my stepper motor driver controller.
i will try to mount my head on my old meissner tomorrow

Jolyman

Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:53 pm

I want it, my friend,
I've sent you a message with the infos.
great !

Self-lather

Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:50 am

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the purchases so far. Its been awesome seeing the progress, and seeing people build stuff with these.

I wanted to let everyone know that I've been doing $45 for 2 of these. This includes shipping if you're in the US, contact me for a quote if you're outside the US.

If there's a moderator seeing this, could you update the title of this post to reflect the price change? Thanks.

-Thomas

123Turin

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:57 am

hi there

i wanna buy this !!!

massforlive

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi,
I want to buy one, is it possible?

Thelurker

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:49 am

I'll take a pair but can I be awkward and gave then WITHOUT the driver cut outs? These holes limit the choices for me?

Let me know.
Thanks

massforlive

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:27 am

There is no body here?

crowesBR

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:18 pm

Anyone tried to build one for Presto 6n?
Enclosure is still available?

Robert Coeyman Sr

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Robert Coeyman sr Hi i'm new at this so bear with me
I am currently building a record lathe , and wondering if i could buy 2 of these Stereo cutting head enclosures for my project? Do they take any particular
transducers, if so please let me know.

my gmail is
coeymansr@gmail.com thank you :D

Robert Coeyman Sr

Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:17 pm

Hi my name is Robert Coeyman sr
I am interested in purchasing 2 enclosures if you have any left
thank you
Bob

Lotus503

Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:18 pm

Are these still available? Thanks!