Looking for someone to cut a few records for me.

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

flashcow

Looking for someone to cut a few records for me.

Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:14 pm

Hi there,
I don't have the resources to cut my own records but was wondering if anybody would like to make a couple of bucks by cutting some for me.
Here's the background on what I'm doing. On New Year's Eve I'm hosting a record exchange party where everybody shows up with five LPs and leaves with five different LPs. Not too complicated a concept. Here's where it gets tricky though, I wanted to make the invitations on lathe cut 7"s. The sound quality isn't super important, so long as you can hear what I'm saying. My recording "facilities" aren't too high tech either ( a Yamaha cassette 4 track) but I could send a CDr or tape depending on your preference.
So far the only person I've been able to find for something like this is Peter King but I don't really want to spend that kind of money for a project like this (not that his services aren't worth it). My needs are pretty simple: one side, no labels (I'll take care of that), 7" if possible and 15 to 33 copies. I'm open to talking about pricing. And if you happen to be in the area, you're invited to the party too.
The New Year is creeping up kind of fast so I need to get this done fairly soon. The Secret Society is new to me so I don't know if this is an unheard of request, but if I've crossed some sort of taboo line please let me know or at least steer me towards somebody who could do this for me as I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

-Lee Berman

rhythmshack@yahoo.com

RECORD CUTTING

Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:27 pm

Hi LEE, just saw your request, I can do it for you, the only thing the blanks cost 10.00 dollars per DISK and I will charge you 2.50 to cut each. If it is not too late email me and let me know. Thanks DEROY.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:23 pm

Welcome Lee!

You didn't cross any line. Requests like these are what this board is here for! I hope you stick around.

What a fun project! I hope it works out well! Did you work it out? Please report back.