To Whomever snagged the 6N on eBay June 10th

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Angus McCarthy

To Whomever snagged the 6N on eBay June 10th

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:39 pm

If it was anybody on here, I'm curious about any details on the head that came with the unit. The seller told me it was only marked "Presto Cutter" despite looking very much like a 1-D or 1-C with a brass shell.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160816006737

Techie

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm more curious about how it got away for that price. Seems uncharacteristically low compared to what we've seen lately.

piaptk

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:34 pm

I know! That is crazy! I bid $628 via a sniping site, but it was apparently not a big enough interval. :-(. And i dont really need one, i just figured id give it a go in case it went that low. Thats insane. Dollars to donuts at least the turntable doesnt work (they conveiently "didnt test" something so easy). But for that price, its a steal.

Techie

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:39 pm

I think it probably is a 1-C or 1-D. The brass color covers the name plate and lettering as if someone simply spray painted the cover gold. Maybe that's why the model number is not showing thru clearly. Also, the color is wearing off in spots showing the original silver underneath.
Does anyone have an idea why there are 2 holes in the front? Maybe to hold a stylus heater? Seems a little extreme if that's the case.

Angus McCarthy

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 pm

piaptk wrote:I know! That is crazy! I bid $628 via a sniping site, but it was apparently not a big enough interval. :-(. And i dont really need one, i just figured id give it a go in case it went that low. Thats insane. Dollars to donuts at least the turntable doesnt work (they conveiently "didnt test" something so easy). But for that price, its a steal.
It sat at $365 for almost a day at the end. I thought for sure six hundred had a chance! (crazy talk, I know) Happy to know you were the one who sniped me first, though :D

piaptk

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:45 am

I didnt get it. My bid wasnt hogh enough to make the minimum raise, as it were. No telling how high the high bodder was willing to go, though. Oh well... Wish id given it another hundred just to see.