selling Presto K8?

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

UNIVOX

selling Presto K8?

Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm thinking about selling my Presto K8. Restored by Gib @ West-Tech. Fully functional, with new sapphire stylus.

Hate to get rid of it, I'm just too busy right now. And in a financial crisis.

What should I expect to get from this? Ebay?

Alex

Serif

Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Is it like this one, half way down the page?

http://www.prestohistory.com/Presto2.html

...advance ball cutter, with two selectable fixed pitch LPI settings, (can this one do inside out cuts?), lead in?, hot looker, if like on web page, above.
Only Presto that interested me, so far. Not in the market, personally, but I think we'd all like to read more details, while the bidding begins. (;

Normally, the price of relics should be somewhat higher than street cost of "born" era... Herschey's bar was bigger, though, when was only 5 cents. Now, costs over 29x? but is a lot smaller and probably tastes less good than, back then, did?

Yours is refurb'd, though, by a pro. {Well played.}

33.333... capable? Reads, "two-speed," on the web page...

Has no built in RIAA encoder, for in case someone were to want to make "portable" disc recordings?

This is still a "whisker," is it? You brush and blow at the chip't off lacquer string, rather than get a positive venturi, down on that swarf, like? "N'ah mean?" Well, one can always update, in the field. But the buyer should be aware of the implications of its operation, unless you are tossing this to pickers, who will worry, or not, over the end user's experience with its stewardship, probably no further than to gain a repeat sale, if not merely to avoid bad reviews.

I'm sorry for your part that this sale needs to be done under financial duress. However, if it works as well as you indicate, you should at least be assured a nice lump of quid by those keener standards.

I can pass on a recommendation from an E.E. that you try a go at a decent 4-figure number as your reserve, but allow bidding at a penny, so as to let the market decide. If someone is serious, he will contact you after you don't sell. Then you can find out who wants this, more..?

Good luck, you might be hearing from me... (; Or someone on this list.

(My new film title, "...you will be approached." j/k)

Cheers,
- Stylus Wigglesworth

piaptk

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Seems like most of them go for around $500, but if you get a bidding war happening, it could go for more. It probably will go for more if you say that it was restored by Gib and is fully functional.

UNIVOX

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:14 pm

yes, it is like the one on the televar [http://www.prestohistory.com/] page.

cuts 33.3 and 78rpm

also has the gear to swap out for reverse(inside-out) cutting

here are some pictures:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v663/BigBarbarian/presto%20k8/