WTB Presto 6N manual

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

flashbk13

WTB Presto 6N manual

Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:39 am

Hi all,
Does anyone here have (or know someone that has) a Presto 6N manual. I have a photocopy, but it is missing all of the pictures and diagrams needed to follow the instructions (at least I need them :) ). Please email me the cost, thank you, Rick.

Noise Factory

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:00 pm

Hi There

I recently bought the Presto 6N and received the manual with it. It looks complete.
Maybe I can scan the manual and send it directly to you? I havent set my scanner up yet though

What do you say?
Cutting Sound Mastering
Mastering & Cutting dubs, lathecuts with Fairchild overhead & Grampian mono head
http://www.cuttingsound.com
http://www.facebook.com/cuttingsounddk

flashbk13

Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:05 pm

Hi,
I just sent you a PM. Please check your inbox. Thanks, Rick.

lou2ser

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it looks like flashbk13 got the scanned manual and is now selling them on ebay for $25 + shipping. That's not very friendly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230462027785

blacknwhite

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:59 pm

Here is another version of the Presto 6N manual:

https://lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?t=1796&mforum=lathetrolls

- Bob
Last edited by blacknwhite on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mossboss

Gougers

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:40 am

Well done Bob That is the way Cheers
Chris

flashbk13

presto 6n manual

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:37 am

Ok lou2ser and the rest of you...first off, I am not making copies of a free manual from here and selling them for a profit, I don't do things like that ( I am a good Christian man and try to follow God's plan for me). I have no idea where I got my 1 copy from (emailed lots of folks for one), and it does not look like the one you guys have links to that were just posted. I don't use this forum anymore as I got out of this experiment of cutting awhile back, so I never thought of posting it here. I just found the manual while cleaning out stuff for sale. It should be my business what I do with my 1 manual, but that's what happens when folks jump to conclusions about someone. If I were making copies and selling them, then you would be correct...I am scum as it were, but I didn't. Like I said, I have no idea where this came from as the original person in here that offered me a copy of his was not set up at that time to copy it...I kept looking, so I most likely paid for this from someone else. Why $25? That's what most jukebox manuals I buy go for (or more, copies or not). I was not being unfriendly or ripping you folks off (not intentionally if it turns out I did get it from here). It would have gone with the machine I sold if I had found it then. Rick.

Aussie0zborn

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:57 am

Thank you for clarifying that. It was probably a fair assumption and I wouldn't be taking offense.

If you sold the lathe and have now found the manual, why not post the manual to the person you sold it to? They will definitely need it and it might save Bob some bandwidth on his server when your buyer finds his link!!

blacknwhite

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Rick,

My humble apologies.

It's just that I've seen so much price gouging going on in the record cutting arena (both pro and amateur), that I guess I've come to "assume" that's always the case. Obviously here, it's not.

Good luck with your cutting endeavors,

- Bob

lou2ser

Re: presto 6n manual

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:16 pm

flashbk13 wrote:Ok lou2ser and the rest of you...first off, I am not making copies of a free manual from here and selling them for a profit, I don't do things like that ( I am a good Christian man and try to follow God's plan for me). I have no idea where I got my 1 copy from (emailed lots of folks for one), and it does not look like the one you guys have links to that were just posted. I don't use this forum anymore as I got out of this experiment of cutting awhile back, so I never thought of posting it here. I just found the manual while cleaning out stuff for sale. It should be my business what I do with my 1 manual, but that's what happens when folks jump to conclusions about someone. If I were making copies and selling them, then you would be correct...I am scum as it were, but I didn't. Like I said, I have no idea where this came from as the original person in here that offered me a copy of his was not set up at that time to copy it...I kept looking, so I most likely paid for this from someone else. Why $25? That's what most jukebox manuals I buy go for (or more, copies or not). I was not being unfriendly or ripping you folks off (not intentionally if it turns out I did get it from here). It would have gone with the machine I sold if I had found it then. Rick.
I don't necessarily agree with bring religion into this discussion but whatever.

I apologize for jumping to conclusions but you can see how easy it was to connect the dots. As blacknwhite said, there is a lot of price gouging on these things.

flashbk13

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi all, thank you for the apologies. I understand about the price gouging, it's all over the place. As for contacting the buyer of my 6N machine (I wish I could), it's been a couple years since it was sold and I just now found the manual. I would gladly send it to him if I knew where he is located. I'm sorry I forgot about the good folks here on the board. Now that you have reminded me, if anyone here is interested, I have my Presto 10K up on ebay now (230461964956). But for all here, I will include the blanks and styli with the rest of it. If you decide to bid or make me an offer, just make sure to mention Lathe Trolls so you get the extras. Thank you all for the help in the years past when I was in this hobby, Rick.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:01 pm

For the sake of general goodwill, can we please try communicating with each other offline before posting accusations and making judgments? In fact, in general, let's please try to give each other the benefit of the doubt.

flashbk13 made over 30 posts at some point or other. That, in my book, more than makes the person a member of this community.

I'm making an example of this, but I don't mean to point fingers at the specific people involved. I think everyone was acting out of good intentions, but it's too easy to jump to conclusions when we aren't dealing with people face to face. Use creativity and thoughtfulness even when trying to protect people from what you think could be a "bad deal." Thank you!

flashbk13

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:54 pm

Thank you Steve :D Rick.