Rek-O-Kut TR43H + Audex head on Ebay

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Joost

Rek-O-Kut TR43H + Audex head on Ebay

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi All,

Just spotted this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290415078659
So far I have little knowlegde about record cutters (just heard of them since last month ;)), but i think it's a bit too pricey.. The forum search/Google gave little info on this specific model.
Does anyone know more about it and what a reasonable price would be?

Cheers,
Joost

opcode66

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:24 am

The last one in mint condition went for 995 via a private site.

http://www.bigdmc.com/imperial.htm

It was listed on ebay as well but was pulled b/c seller sold via his own site.

For a working unit is such nice condition I think 995 was fair. This one does not look as nice and does not have a playback tonearm.

Joost

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:27 am

So almost double price and in less condition. I asked the seller about shippingcosts.. roughly 550 dollar (Netherlands). I guess i'll let this one pass and move on ;)

Thanks for your feedback!

TotalSonic

Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:41 pm

This particular ebay seller has a habit of asking for very high (and to me, over inflated) "buy it now" pricing for their auctions. They once listed a Fairchild 740 without amps or cutter head for $9000! - a little bit crazy if you ask me. But it's their gear so they can list it for what they want to!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

kgutzke

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:24 am

Yes - that seller (with rek-o-kut) usually asks higher than normal "buy it now" prices though keep in mind his items usually sell later (privately or on ebay) for much less. I believe the Fairchild listing was definitely offered with cutting head.
Last edited by kgutzke on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piaptk

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:31 pm

From a newbie standpoint, I can see why someone would pay $1500 for a working and complete lathe like that. If those had been popping up when I was trying to get into this hobby, I would have jumped all over it, just to have something I knew would work as opposed to all the lathes that show up in "As-Is, untested" condition. Most of you that have been doing this for a long time and have connections with people who have tons of extra gear take for granted how hard this stuff is to find for the average person, and with a renewed interest in vinyl and lathe cuts, a lot of people are interested in getting into the hobby. While I am glad I got my Presto 6n setup (which I'm assuming is a better setup) for about that price with some extras, I can see how that all-in-one-turnkey-unit would sell for that price.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com