WTB 78 RPM FEEDSCREW FOR REK-O-KUT IMPERIAL II

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

jornibudich

WTB 78 RPM FEEDSCREW FOR REK-O-KUT IMPERIAL II

Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:41 am

Hey guys, let's give it a try here:

Got a Rek-o-kut imperial II but it came with the Microgroove Feedscrew and iddlers for 33 and 45 RPM only.

I need to get a 78 RPM complete feedscrew to mount it on my mechanism and a 78 iddler wheel if possible.

Also a question: If I cut with the 78 RPM feedscrew, I'll be able to make louder cuts? Based on my research the answer is YES.. but any other info will be more than welcome!

JORNI (Vancouver BC)

Joost

Re: WTB 78 RPM FEEDSCREW FOR REK-O-KUT IMPERIAL II

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:20 am

There's a rek-o-kut 78 wheel on ebay now: http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290415137615

Cheers,
Joost
jornibudich wrote:Hey guys, let's give it a try here:

Got a Rek-o-kut imperial II but it came with the Microgroove Feedscrew and iddlers for 33 and 45 RPM only.

I need to get a 78 RPM complete feedscrew to mount it on my mechanism and a 78 iddler wheel if possible.

Also a question: If I cut with the 78 RPM feedscrew, I'll be able to make louder cuts? Based on my research the answer is YES.. but any other info will be more than welcome!

kgutzke

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:21 am

A courser pitch feedscrew ("78 feedscrew") will give you more groove spacing which in turn allows for larger groove excursions (loudness). Actual loudness will be determined (limited) by quality of your cutting head and amp system.
Last edited by kgutzke on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Simon

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:46 am

Are looking for the wheel or the leadscrew 12" or 16"
Happy to learn something new.
Wanted: Stylus for Presto, Mono heads Grampian, Fairchild, Presto, Fairchild 740 lathes, Presto 8n, 8d 8dg lathes or parts or Presto or wot ever recording Amps, PM me what you have for sale.

blacknwhite

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:02 pm

kgutzke wrote:It isn't often an unused idler wheel gets offered so I suggest "grab it" while you can.
You're the seller, right?

#1. you should mention you're the seller, in that kind of post...

#2. ...Especially when you're prefacing your response to the original poster's question with a condescending "Obviously -- "...)

Please, remember, we want to GAIN more new people into the record-cutting hobby, not chase them away.

Thanks,
- Bob

kgutzke

Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:21 am

Sorry if I seemed condescending or offended anyone. I was simply trying to clarify how a 78 course leadscrew can lead to louder cuts which becomes quite obvious (self evident) once explained and understood. I also removed my ad for the 78 idler wheel. Hopefully I'll learn better manners and communication skills in the future.