Rek-O-Kut R-8B Amp for sale

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

buntij

Rek-O-Kut R-8B Amp for sale

Sun May 05, 2024 6:10 pm

This is the R-8B amp which came with an Imperial II portable lathe I bought a few years ago. I have never powered it on for two reasons: 1) I used a modern amp to run the lathe (which worked perfectly once cleaned and lubed) and 2) I can see that at least one of the caps is totally dried out, see phot. So I don't know if a recap will get it up and going. I bought it from a guy who had it in storage for 30 years as a project he never got to. It is in very good physical shape, it does not appear to be missing any components. I'm moving and would rather not lug it along as I doubt I'll ever get around to refurbing it? I would not power this up unless you know what you are doing.

Any interest? I have no idea what it is worth so make an offer. Would love it to go to a good home to bring it back to life.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maizmana

Re: Rek-O-Kut R-8B Amp for sale

Sat May 18, 2024 4:09 pm

How much does something like cost? Thank you.