FS: Rek-o-kut Imperial Lathe. Local Pickup Only in NY.

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Bryans12v

FS: Rek-o-kut Imperial Lathe. Local Pickup Only in NY.

Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:34 am

Hey guys. I have this really nice imperial lathe. I really don't know much about it or lathes in general. I do know it sort of work. All tubes have been tested and was brought up on a variac. I cleaned all the switches and pots thoroughly. I played a few records on it and sounds good. DC resistance on the cutting head is about 3 ohms. I was able to insert a cutting needle and it does vibrate. I just dont know how to setbit up to cut. This is not a hobby I thought about getting into. I got this machine on a barter for some repair work on other stuff. Ibfeel this beautiful machine should be in the hands of someone who can really appreciate it and put it to work.

This is being offered for local pickup ONLY where it can be demoed and tested. I do have about a dozen blanks for it with 3 or so being vintage blanks.

If you're local and interested, please reach out or text/call 845-535-7982
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nobtwiddler

Re: FS: Rek-o-kut Imperial Lathe. Local Pickup Only in NY.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:33 pm

IK'd love to come over & take a look see...
Where are you in NY?