SX82

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

misjah

SX82

Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:07 am

Anybody interested in swapping their SX82+ suspension box for a SX74+ suspension box? :D :D

flozki

Re: SX82

Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:22 pm

hello
i will answer this question in a more general matter, as i receive like 2-3 requests for dmm conversion every day at the moment.
[attachment=0]am44_dmm_cut.jpg[/attachment]

conversion of a neumann lacquer lathe to dmm:
- stronger motor. if you have a technics SP02 already a good start. a lyrec is not enough. also the oil pot is not ok.
a TT14/TT15 is ok. 4-8k
- special converted SAB74 modules. this i can provide (SAB84C) and i have already done for other clients. around 4-6k.
you can also convert your modules. but then you always need to convert back if you want go lacquer. so better have 2 new modules.
[attachment=1]SAL84C.jpg[/attachment]
- a dmm head. you need a special dmm head. stronger magnets and a special torque tube. it might be possible to get it converted. but better use a new built head. flokason can help... around 10-25k depending on solution. mod vs. new
- the most unknown variable is sucction system totally different. so another 2-4k
-suspension box can stay the same to 90%. this will tell more tests. maybe a mod of the depth system.

the blanks are easy available within europe. price seems to be around 50-55 euro per blank. there is only one side to use!
diamond is also easy to get. around 1k.

for european based studios a conversion might be possible. but quite const intense. not sure if it will be ever paid back.
of course if noone comes up with good lacquers within next 2-3 month it is a different story.
but maybe better to observe the situation in the next 2-3 month.

also this is unknown land for a commercial business. but no risk no fun...

fyi:
SX82 head is a very rare item. not many survived as most of them where converted to sx84 heads. i only know one in existence so far.
sx84 are all in good ownership as far as i can tell. not a big chance.

hope that helps for most people.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

misjah

Re: SX82

Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:04 pm

Cheers Flo. Ye let’s see how lacquer situation plays out. Will be in touch :)