Four Severed Muslim Heads on your region flag, a problem..

Stuff not covered by the other...Forii? whatever. General goofiness. (You should not post here unless you've been contributing elsewhere on this site.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

motorino

Four Severed Muslim Heads on your region flag, a problem..

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Sorry if it hurts someone, not my intention, but now its a problem here and i believe this forum can give me some opinions about.

Im from Zaragoza, Aragón, Spain, and here its the Aragón flag

You can see perfectly the four severed heads, comes from year 1200? Well, the Muslim community here now wants to remove these four heads from the flag.

That can be done? This flag its the history.. my opinion its no

Imagine this problem its yours, some opinions please?

Cheers
Marcos

greybeard

Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Hey Motorino:

there are three things to say:
1) very few will want to say anything
2) "they" are back
3) the crosses will go next.

"the Grampian head was developed by BBC"; best wishes

motorino

Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:31 pm

greybeard wrote:
"the Grampian head was developed by BBC"; best wishes
Excuseme Greybeard but i dont understand this..

Some musulman remove the bbc logo and put grampian because like her magnifical boats or what? :D
Marcos

greybeard

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Motorino, you are absolutely right. I should have remembered that this is the Treehouse, and that a technical matter may not be relevant.

I have only posted a few times, but every time I have ended with a small reminder or detail of cutting (mentioning inflammability, burnishing facets, shanks of cutting stylii). This time I wanted to mention a historical fact that not all know: that the Grampian head was developed in-house by the BBC. In fact, the best description of this head was written by a BBC engineer.

Perhaps I should introduce every bit of information with "Tidbit:".

Sorry about the confusion.

Greybeard

motorino

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:57 pm

:D
Sorry too, i never read you before

I know plus minus the Grampian history, but all information about its very well welcome :wink: Not only schematics or like, the history are very important for me, i'm collecting all possible information, studies that have used and at what time, curiosities, pics, i am preparing a book in Spanish with a lot more of this than we like, if you have some?

Cheers
Marcos

MEGAMIKE

Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:54 am

whos heads are they?

markrob

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:22 am

greybeard wrote:This time I wanted to mention a historical fact that not all know: that the Grampian head was developed in-house by the BBC. In fact, the best description of this head was written by a BBC engineer.

Greybeard
Is this perhaps the description by P.J. Guy in "Disc Recording and Reproduction"? I found that to be very good. If not, can you provide a link or reference to this info?

Thanks,

Mark

mossboss

The Heads The Flag The History The views

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:02 am

Am I right in saying that Kathrine of Arragon was the initiator of the first pogrom against the jewish faith as well as the winner of the battles against the moors after some few hundred years of occupation there?
All with the help of Papal forces as well as other christian allies of them?
And is it not right that there was a few hundred thousand "conversos " as well both moors with the islamic faith as well as people of the the jewish faith? who after a short notice they all become Catholics or else they left the place for fear of being killed
Is it not right that the latino jewish people who speak a form of hebrew/latin even today migrated to the Ottoman empire mainly in Salonica as well as across the isthmus opposite Instanbul where they can still be found
Is it not the case that Katherine took the jewish people there under her very own protection so as to strip them of their wealth?
And is it not the case that after a while when they where reduced to poverty that there was another purge The powers to be expelled the jewish people from the region who finished up around Polland
And is it not right that the winner always writes the history as it suits them as well as creating flags statues paintings parks as well as offerings to the church etc to commemorate the event?
Is this than not a case of the above?
Is it right is it wrong? I think it is a case of it is what it is
A historic remnant of many years ago that may no longer represent the majority of peoples view and it should be in a museum rather than in public view
Why shoud this flag be set in concrete any way even if it is some hundreds of years old
Is it not a case that people today have a voice that should be heard There are far to many instances where religious differences have caused the deaths of thousands in the past as well as the present
Why should this be something that we as humans living in this place called earth promote?
Tradition as well as the old ways in Europe populated the US of A
The oppressed went there Look at the end result it is not bad is it
They do have a constitution that allows all kinds of things not dreamed of in Europe when it was written at the time
It would not be the first or the last time that a flag has been changed or even abolished why should this not be the case if people no longer accept it?
By the way I am not a follower of any religion whatsoever just in case people here think that I am sticking up for any particular one Just recalling history (with some mistakes no doubt mine)

On my soap box again trying to reach the fruit on the tree in the house
Off it now
Cheers
Chris

greybeard

Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:46 pm

@markrob:

my source is:
H. Davies: "The Design of a High-Fidelity Disc Recording
Equipment", Jour. I.E.E. Vol. 94, Part III, July 1947, pp. 275-295
This is a thorough discusison of the various design parameters of the BBC head.
Kind regards, ...

markrob

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:30 pm

greybeard wrote:@markrob:

my source is:
H. Davies: "The Design of a High-Fidelity Disc Recording
Equipment", Jour. I.E.E. Vol. 94, Part III, July 1947, pp. 275-295
This is a thorough discusison of the various design parameters of the BBC head.
Kind regards, ...
Thanks so much for the info. I purchased this today from Scitation. On a quick glance, looks to be very informative.

Mark

motorino

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Hey Mossy! Catalína no, her mother start, Isabel The Catolic ;)

The musulmans dont ask when comes here, kill directly 70% of all the poblation, stop because need hands for work, Isabel ask before ;)

I believe in Stephen Hawking and no so many times hehehe

Its a very old flag.. i believe we have more important problems here like bullfight ( hey people, here we dont like the bullfights, bullfights and shows like are for old, fascist, bizarre or low culture people)

Cheers
Marcos

dydge

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 pm

motorino wrote:Hey Mossy! Catalína no, her mother start, Isabel The Catolic ;)

The musulmans dont ask when comes here, kill directly 70% of all the poblation, stop because need hands for work, Isabel ask before ;)

I believe in Stephen Hawking and no so many times hehehe

Its a very old flag.. i believe we have more important problems here like bullfight ( hey people, here we dont like the bullfights, bullfights and shows like are for old, fascist, bizarre or low culture people)

Cheers
Motorino,

The history of your country/region (just like the history of many others) is just a big bunch of crap some people took great care making sure you got it well stamped in what you call mind. As Mossboss got it, history is written by the winners...
Anyway, the four severed heads on a major flag certainly gives us all an idea of which kind of stuff you and your fellow citizens might 'learn' from an early age... Those who 'teach', know that to have a guy laying stuff like - 'That can be done? This flag its the history.. my opinion its no...' - they must have done a hell of a 'good' job.

motorino

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Hey Dydge, please, not generalize and extrapolate the history

You dont know this history, not the whole history of Spain has been in the hands of religious.. books from Marrocs history explain the same things.

Here not teach children these things

The http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantar_de_Mio_Cid its studed in Hi-school for example, but you can read the real history here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispania

Spain isnt rear Mexico ;)

Cheers
Marcos

MEGAMIKE

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:01 am

Hi Monty
does this mean you are muslim/christain from long history ???yes???no??? do you know ??how can you know???...

my family direct decendant is from Lesbos(Greece)
my island bc /ad acient greek then hellenic Greek then jews from spain live with us then latin then ottoman muslim live here... then my family...

so that makes me a Greek Jewish Muslim Lesbian.. :lol:

d

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:46 pm

grampian heads? Back to topic ;)

Mototino: I would say NO.

Here in Lithuania we have disscutions on whether write names in original lettering on ID cards and passports or not. What you will feel if people from china will write there names that cannot be read and only they can read them? Polish want to write street names with their own lettering and so on.

Its like ocupation of country.

They think that everyone else are idiots and only they are higher race.

motorino

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:47 pm

MEGAMIKE wrote:Hi Monty
does this mean you are muslim/christain from long history ???yes???no??? do you know ??how can you know???...

my family direct decendant is from Lesbos(Greece)
my island bc /ad acient greek then hellenic Greek then jews from spain live with us then latin then ottoman muslim live here... then my family...

so that makes me a Greek Jewish Muslim Lesbian.. :lol:
Hey Poyo

If you know me... sometimes i think i'm an extraterrestrial

Nationalisms is a backward step for democracy... :?: Nationalism

Now imagine that the colors could decide,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Its a old flag, four heads or four cucumbers, now dont cut the heads here, i have 3 cutter heads
:wink:

Cheers

P.D. Little did I know that this post gave so much of, many thanks people!
Marcos

vinyl-groove

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:47 am

four good cuts in row ! is that a record ?
if they remove the heads then you will be left with the English flag

then YOU will want that removed

leaving a white space . =surrender... also the wrong message

just put 3 lions in the space

HA Ha :wink:

maniman

Maybe....

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:32 am

Maybe the Islamic Invasion never exists ... not in the way that the christian polarized opinion try to make us believe.

How a few Berbers can go until the peninsule (in the century VIII , with no horseshoe until century XIII ).

Other documents say that the the Jewish people help to pass the strait to the moorish people , my opinion is all the moorish iberic related are the normal world exodus , the invasion is only a masquerade for make near saints historical characters like Cid

I think this is one of the bigger and hate-maker lie of spain history.

If todays news are horrible polarized and are actual , imagine historically with facts from more than 5 centurys , added , all about politics and religion are very questionable and polarizable , and evidently the people in the government only say positive things for himself.

http://www.herbogeminis.com/El-mito-de-la-invasion-musulmana.html

Phinster

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:49 am

Does this flag appear on a lathe or cutterhead? Whats it doing here?