T560 in Australia

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

dash

T560 in Australia

Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:37 am

Hi guys the rarest opurtunity has risen, i can purchase a T560 for an absorbanent amount of money and i am fortunate because the seller has had international offers of 20 grand plus. this person will drive it to me and sell it to me for less than that and give me basic training. Remeber Australia is Huge he is driving for over 24 hrs..
i just need to ask with purchasing this machine am i able to get some tech support from people in this forum. i am throwing myself into the deepend here

afro7

Re: T560 in Australia

Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:49 am

Hi would it not be cheaper to get a machine from Souri? Taken all traveling, shipping into account?

tragwag

Re: T560 in Australia

Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:21 am

for an experienced cutter who reads every T560 thread, I'd bet you could get 90% of the info you need.
if you're a beginner who's never cut before, I'd say you need dedicated tech support to explain the basics that are taken as a given on the forum.
if you do buy a second hand machine, I can offer 2nd hand tech support to you, send me an email: tragwag (at) gmail (DoT) Com
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com