HUMMING AND HIGHS AND TOPS FREQUENCY LOSS

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

GEEKKCC

HUMMING AND HIGHS AND TOPS FREQUENCY LOSS

Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi Trolls and friends, i bought the vinyl recorder from Souri 4 months ago.

Great machine and a great man, everything was great until we moved studio space and then we encountered a humming sound from the Amplifier from souri, so we decided to change the plug into several different 13amp mains sockets around the room, somewhere better and some were worse, however, there is a slight hum when you turn the amp on when cutting with no music, turn off the amp it sounds fine and clean. I have a few questions as a noob and need to work out a few things.

1. SOURIS MIXER VOLUME AND GAIN IS CONTROLLED BY THE PFL AND THE CHANNEL 2 FADER, I CAN NOT FIND THE BALANCE RIGHT UNLESS I HAVE THE PFL KNOB REALLY LOW (WHICH DAMPENS THE HUM AND GETS RID OF IT ALMOST) BUT THEN THE CUTS ARE REALLY LOW AND IF I WAS TO TURN THE GAIN UP THROUGH THE FADER IT WILL DISTORT and sound bad.

2. BAD FREQUENCY ISSUES WITH HIGHS AND BRIGHTNESS, WE GO FROM DIGITAL TO POLY AND POLY THERE IS A LACK OF HIGHS AND PUNCH, ITS VERY DARK AND NOT WELL ROUNDED. Why could this be?

3. GROUNDING LOOP OR WRONG ROUTINE OR STYLUS ISSUES (EVEN THOUGH HAVE A BRAND NEW NEEDLE)

4. THE MACHINE WAS PERFECT BEFORE CHANGING A FEW PHONOS FOR THE BETTER

PLEASE HELP
THANKS