New plating plant in the UK

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

martinstamper

New plating plant in the UK

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:09 am

Hi

As a long time lurker on this forum I thought I would introduce myself...
We are a new start up based in Sheffield, UK. We will be offering a full lacquer/DMM through to stamper service for the European vinyl pressing industry and hope to be running full production by early December.

All our equipment is made to order and we estimate it's the first new vinyl record plating equipment in the UK in almost 40 years. In terms of our process and capacity, we will have a 4 station pre-plating bath; and initially 2 x 2 cell fast plating baths. We will be using electrolytic passivation rather than chemical passivation, and from day 1 will have the forming set-up to produce stampers for all Newbilt, Pheenix, and Viryl moulds in 12”. If there is a big demand for 7”, all we would need to do is buy one new coining die. We would have the capacity to do at least 16 stamper pairs on a double day with this set up; but it can easily be expanded by buying addition fast plating cells, should we need to. We will be able to work from either DMMs or lacquers. As for cutting, we won’t do cutting in house but we will be working in collaboration with Curve Pusher and their new state of the art facility in Hastings which houses 3 Neumann lathes, this close working relationship will be able to guarantee speed and quality. But of course we can accept lacquers from anywhere

The key people in Stamper Discs are myself and my father Peter. I have three years experience in galvanics, primarily at the Vinyl Factory, but I have also worked at Microforum in Toronto. And have experience not just of galvanics but also the operation of EMI, Toolex and Viryl presses. Peter ran a large and highly successful print marketing services business for many years, and is providing the finance and business experience.

If anyone would like to make contact please feel free to contact me at martin@stamperdiscs.com or follow our progress on either Instagram or Twitter.

-Martin

audiosteam

Re: New plating plant in the UK

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:24 am

Thanks for that, great news for all of us.

jjgolden

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 am

All the best to you Martin : )

JJG

soeffingodly

Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Good luck!
"I wasn't lying. Things I said later seemed untrue."