Help with rek-o-kut unit questions

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Cmuller0420

Help with rek-o-kut unit questions

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Hey there

I’ve been on the forum for quite awhile reading and am finally looking to purchase my first lathe and am hoping to get some input from some of the more seasoned members

I have tracked down a rek-o-kut mono unit - though I am a bit unsure as to what distinguishes a challenger from imperial unit (as they appear to look quite similar).

The owner has had it for probably 30-40 years and use to use it a decent bit, however it has been sitting. I am assuming caps and possibly tubes could be potential issues?

Do these come with an amp or is that an additional purchase? As he noted needing a 20W 8ohm amp output.

Lastly there are a few extra pieces I am not too familiar with and overall hoping for some help with pricing

Rek o kut imperial lathe with a second 12” lathe
There is also a hot stylus unit, hot wire holder and lots of wire and 2 additional 8 ohm audex cutter heads.

Just want to make sure I am not overpaying as I am not sure what the market value on these are nowadays

Thanks!

Gridlock

Re: Help with rek-o-kut unit questions

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Obviously it chose you and you have the previous owner available for advice. Pick it up unless you want to kick yourself for not picking it up.
<\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\[[[[[[[\/]]]]]]]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\>
Recordette Sr.......Presto K-8