fixing a Bell Sound Systems RC-47-A

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

cooperotte

fixing a Bell Sound Systems RC-47-A

Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Hello trolls! new member, first post.

I am trying to repair a Bell Sound Systems 'Recordofone' RC-47-A machine. I would love to find someone who's worked on this model. I also am wanting schematics, manuals, etc specific to this model. Can anyone help?

The PA system works, the turntable turns, but the 'playback' head doesn't play (prolly just crap needle or frayed wire somewhere) and the cutting head doesn't move across the disc (the spiral bar underneath the turntable spins with it but the axle of the recording arm is too tight or gummed up).

I'm not sure what material to test record onto.

If anyone can help I'll reward you with some pictures if you like!

-cooper

ZephyrRadio

Re: fixing a Bell Sound Systems RC-47-A

Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:28 pm

Does anyone know the differences between the 47 and 47A models? How would someone find out? Thanks.

calcur

Re: fixing a Bell Sound Systems RC-47-A

Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:13 pm

Did you ever happen to finish repairing it? I’m having trouble with the speed selector arm. The idler wheels are in the wrong position, and they won’t make contact with the motor. It was fine until I took the motor out to work on it and remounted it……
cooperotte wrote:
Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:32 pm
Hello trolls! new member, first post.

I am trying to repair a Bell Sound Systems 'Recordofone' RC-47-A machine. I would love to find someone who's worked on this model. I also am wanting schematics, manuals, etc specific to this model. Can anyone help?

The PA system works, the turntable turns, but the 'playback' head doesn't play (prolly just crap needle or frayed wire somewhere) and the cutting head doesn't move across the disc (the spiral bar underneath the turntable spins with it but the axle of the recording arm is too tight or gummed up).

I'm not sure what material to test record onto.

If anyone can help I'll reward you with some pictures if you like!

-cooper