price pressing singles

Who are you? Tell us about yourself, get feedback, and provide links to your work.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Naakteninja

price pressing singles

Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:22 pm

Greetings,
Me and a friend wondered how much it would cost to pres 50-100 singles (45rpm). We don't have the money to buy a lathe ourselves, so we wondered how much it would cost to have someone here press it. it is not at all certain whether we will continue with it. I'm just curious how much it would cost. If we do it, it will be for resale and I do not have enough experience myself to know whether a dubplate will be due or whether pressing is the only option.
Thank you and blessings.

misjah

Re: price pressing singles

Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:34 am

It will be an expensive exercise to have 50-100 copies cut on dubs so best bet is pressing...contact a local pressing plant and see if they can help you. If you’re in EU i can help you in right direction. Chances are nobody will press under 100 copies though.

piaptk

Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Pressing that is going to be EXPENSIVE. 45s are already almost as expensive as LPs in 500 quantity. Your best bet is hit up Tyler at Audio Geography to do stereo diamond lathe cuts. Still not cheap, but probably cheaper and quicker in those qtys.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

Self-lather

Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:20 pm

Check Mobineko, they have some great package deals for doing small run stuff.