Recordette Restoration Help?

This is a special section, perhaps temporary, to help our man Timmy1 with his efforts to assemble a working 8J10 Wilcox-Gay Recordette for experimental record cutting. The reasons for this will be explained shortly, but please do check in and help! He's a great guy with a worthy project.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

SpriceyStuff

Recordette Restoration Help?

Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:22 pm

Hey guys! I’m a new member here (though I have visited a few times over the years while kicking around the idea of building a lathe). Yesterday I bought a Wilcox-Gay 8J10 lathe at a local thrift shop for the incredible steal of $50! But naturally with its age comes issues. I know it needs a recap and resistor check but I’m looking for a new cartridge as well. Would anyone here know where I could source one? Also, any wiring diagrams or other info you guys might have on this model would be appreciated more than you can imagine! Thanks in advance for your help!
73527FFE-78E3-4C31-A8CD-65BFA88E228F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RussellC23

Re: Recordette Restoration Help?

Tue May 10, 2022 10:38 pm

I have a couple of these I'm trying to refurbish, also. I have a couple of manuals and a schematic.
I can send you a copy of the schematic if you want it.
Keep me posted on how you're doing.
Where are you located?

SpriceyStuff

Tue May 10, 2022 10:42 pm

A copy of the schematic would be awesome! I'm in Washington state, USA. If it would be possible and you could send me pictures of the manual too that would be awesome as well.

RussellC23

Fri May 13, 2022 4:00 pm

I'll scan them and send you a PDF File. Send me your email address and I'll send them to you. My email is rca23 AT earthlink.net
Replace the AT with the @. I do this so it's not a link that any knucklehead can click on and send me spam.

Russell