Recordette questions

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, mossboss, Aussie0zborn, tragwag, Steve E., Simon

Recordette questions

Unread postby Muziani » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:20 am

Hello everyone. I am brand new to this and have been pouring over this forum as much as I can. I literally am starting from a point of zero knowledge on lathe cutting. My question is I recently got a Wilcox gay recordette of of eBay and it's missing the cutter. The guy I got it from say it powers on an the motor works but I have yet to plug it in to test it. I was waiting to send it to a professional. Now it's my understanding that it's a crystal head. Can that be converted to
a magnetic? And can I modify this so I can cut into vinyl blanks? And does anyone know who would do this type of work? Thank you so much for your time. This forum is so helpful.
Muziani

Return to Secrets of the Lathe Trolls