"MYSQL" errors and apologies --Site Upgrade in the works.

Announcements and discussions ABOUT the site. Info on registering, ideas for improvement, FAQs and the like.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

"MYSQL" errors and apologies --Site Upgrade in the works.

Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:36 pm

Dear all,

I don't know about you, but I've been getting a whole lot of page errors messages mentioning "MYSQL" problems and mentions of "too many users". Over time, as well, the search functions are going to hell.

I've looked into it, and it appears that the hosting company was once again upgrading their platforms without informing their users, and that's the problem. I got them to roll back the PHP version temporarily, and hopefully that will help for now. But the writing is on the wall: I have to do a MAJOR upgrade of the system software, or risk the chat forum failing altogether one day, with no ability to correct it.

So please bear with me. Although I am doing my best to rehearse this on the test site, I predict there will be a few days here and there where the site will be down. Also, the site is just gonna look different, and probably a little less snazzy for a little while. I figure the important thing is the basic functionality.

We will be losing the blog in its current form, which is no great loss, as it never quite worked (did you ever even notice it?). But I'm saving the content, and I'm going to roll out something in the next decade or two to replace it.

Please hang in there! Please let me know if you see any obvious glitches-- it could save us from disaster.

Groovily yours,

Steve,
admin.

symatic

Re: "MYSQL" errors and apologies --Site Upgrade in the works

Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:40 am

thanks for the heads up - i've noticed the "too many users " message a few times, normally refreshing the page does the trick....