a site suggestion

Announcements and discussions ABOUT the site. Info on registering, ideas for improvement, FAQs and the like.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

recordboy

a site suggestion

Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:39 am

As I go about the site I copy and paste interesting threads onto my note pad for future reference.

Yet I think it would be wonderful to have a "book mark" button etc. with a thread title in my own personal section were profile and mail is kept.

Has this been thought ov before?

Maybe I'm dumb and this already exists yet I don't know how to do it?

Thanx
Cheers,
recordboy

recordboy

Re: a site suggestion

Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:32 am

I would also suggest that going further, one could "*" any post in a thread in addition to a complete thread.

thanx again
Cheers,
recordboy

recordboy

Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:47 pm

XD

I now see a bookmark button popped up next to the subscribe button.

I don't think I even scrolled down that far.
yet 1st time I did I didn't notice.

Any way my second suggestion about next to the quote. & ! Buttons, maybe there could be a * as to return to particular posts within a thread. maybe even the option to self title the save. I suggest this because many times there are tidbits or linx in a thread even perhaps slightly off topic that are worth saving. Also maybe the * button could be for paying members only, as an insensitive to donate.

cheers
Cheers,
recordboy

Steve E.
Site Admin

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:14 am

Hi Recordboy! I wish I could claim credit for having implemented your suggestion....but I am not that handy. This site is more or less straight out-out-the-box phpBB3 software, with a few random hacks and plugins painstakingly added, after testing on a test site.

You are teaching me something new! I didn't even know we had a bookmark feature.

I like your "*" idea. I have no idea how to implement it. I can look around for plugins and see.