Trying out: Experimenters' & Innovators' Forum

Announcements and discussions ABOUT the site. Info on registering, ideas for improvement, FAQs and the like.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

Trying out: Experimenters' & Innovators' Forum

Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:32 pm

I'm trying out a new thing: I'm changing "Experimenters' Forum" to "Experimenters' & Innovators' Forum."

When I created Experimenters' Forum, I could not have predicted the degree of sophistication that was going to evolve in the world of record cutting, especially among our members. I wanted to have a place where "no idea was too bad," in the spirit that encouraging craziness could lead to both great art and great innovation.

But now we have people who are machining and programming pretty remarkable utilitarian stuff, and I fear the old "playpen" designation for this section was leaving some of them feeling that if they posted their results there, they were dismissing the quality of their work.

We still have the main "secrets" section which is, I guess, where stuff goes when people don't feel like categorizing it. I do fear that too much gets lost in the sprawl there.

I am very much open to feedback here! Please feel free to respond to this thread. I am trying not to add any new sections if I can avoid it. But if people think I should organize things another way, let me know.