Never-visited accounts to be zapped

Announcements and discussions ABOUT the site. Info on registering, ideas for improvement, FAQs and the like.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

Never-visited accounts to be zapped

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Dear all,

To aid in my process of upgrading the board, I am about to prune all inactive AND active, never-logged-in accounts that are over three months old. (To be clear, if you have logged in even once, but never posted, you will be safe.)

This does mean that I will be zapping a few valid accounts that obviously belong to people who are actually interested in the topic. The number may be as high as 100, and the list even includes a few impressive names.

I'd rather not do this! But the pruning feature of phpBB is primitive, and does not allow me to weed out activated, never-logged-in users. And the flipside is that I'm removing 78,000 spambots from my database, which will make other aspects of my job a lot easier.

As you, Inactive-User-Lurker, have never logged in, this will not be any great tragedy, I promise! You are losing perhaps a minute of work, where you typed in your name and maybe a website link. Perhaps you are losing some private message that somebody wrote you, that you never bothered to check. Anyway, you can re-register, and we'd love to have you back!