Steve E. is not the expert, just the administrator

Announcements and discussions ABOUT the site. Info on registering, ideas for improvement, FAQs and the like.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

Steve E. is not the expert, just the administrator

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:44 am

Hi all.

Increasingly, I am getting emails and private messages asking me complex technical questions, and pricing questions, and the like.

That is not my strength around here.

The whole reason I started this site was to create a community of experts and experimenters, so that I could learn. I am still learning. As it is, I am only just now starting to hang out some with a Scully, and I've never fiddled with a Neumann. I think it's fair to say I know a lot about one specific Presto 6N and one old Recordio. I am possibly a passable person for dealing with any social unpleasantness around here, and I'm trying to improve. And I have my hands full with the technical/database/membership stuff.

Anyway, If you ask ME your equipment-related questions privately, you are missing out on the whole point of this site. And you are asking one of the people who is probably not so qualified to answer.

There are people here who have 40+ experience in the field. Sometimes more like 60!! There are contemporary younger professionals at the top end of the field. There are also crazy girl and boy geniuses here, living in their grandma's basements all over the planet, eating lichen and snails, who are managing unprecedented audio miracles.

You should post your questions in the threads and reap the benefits of this excellent community.

Then, when sated, you should donate to the site and help keep it going.