Professional vinyl record lathe step by step

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

zdenek

Re: Professional vinyl record lathe step by step

Tue May 30, 2023 4:53 pm

An interesting and helpful test to check your turntable and phono cartridge end stability motor engine gramophone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4QHqWD7HU4

zdenek

Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:47 am

sorry I haven't written on trolls for a long time, what do you think about recordings on egyptian chocolate? I've made some progress cutting discs and recording, but it's still amateur quality, I'll share photos and my recorder soon

zdenek

Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:56 am

does anyone have a current contact for this man or is this also a scam? these people do not reply to email https://www.flokason.ch/

boryo

Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:57 am

it's not a scam, he is real person with huge contribution to the records industry

farmersplow

Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:36 am

boryo wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:57 am
it's not a scam, he is real person with huge contribution to the records industry
I confirm

zdenek

Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:36 am

I understand that the company is reliable, thanks for your support

zdenek

Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:30 pm

Hi,
It took a long time, but it is a small success for my friends but a great success for the Trolls population!
Gentlemen and ladies!
We have mastered the direct drive of the engine with a very low level of engagement of the magnetic system with quartz traction control with a resolution of over 2000 points per revolution [2048 to be precise] at a very low noise level and with engine starting power and torque of over 30 kg/cm! With this unique mechanical and electronic design, this drive can be used without any problems for cutting copper [galvanized] plates for DMM technology at various speeds even below 1/4 33.33 rpm! We are currently working on frictionless bearings in general [only oil film, i.e. bearings hydrodynamic]The vacuum will be through the lower shaft! Please be patient for a moment until the photos and construction details of the above-mentioned direct drive appear.

zdenek

Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:40 pm

I'll try to record this melody, has anyone recorded it?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQmQHHLqlNE

zdenek

Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:08 pm

Image[/img]I am considering purchasing these speakers as transducers for my head https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=AXWe4kAD3M0, they are highly efficient according to the manufacturer.
Currently, I use commercial speakers, but the quality of the recordings is poor, i.e. low fi, no high frequencies above 7kHz, they are almost inaudible, I don't even record them because there is no point in wasting the disk and causing confusion.

zdenek

Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:28 am

may first rec dmm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zdenek

Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:37 pm

I understand, but I "got a bit carried away" because I listened [about half a year ago] to high-quality analog recordings that the farmer posted as recordings cut in plastic, so I bought several sets of such Chinese vibrators, which the farmer used in his cutting head, the coils were burning, but they did not cut the high acoustic tones, then I read that the Swiss Engineer advised against these transducers, that they were useless, and I believed Mr. Flo, I bought Chinese tweeters for cars and quickly, without any special effort, as best as I can, I made a head from bamboo boards and used a primitive one. reaction tube and inserted [pasted] a sapphire blade into the reaction tube, played the signal from the amplifier, slightly corrected with a computer equalizer so that it was more or less the suggested +20dB for 20kHz and -20dB for 20Hz [described by an Engineer from SWITZERLAND], and I achieved a great effect! and I achieved high tones very well in the recordings, but I used too much power and the car speakers burned out and the 200W power amplifier in one channel, so I asked my electronics friends to make appropriate overload protection for me and the entire feedback system according to available diagrams etc. and now, I'm in a completely different place, everything will be visible soon, I'm sorry that someone was offended, but there is a wide range of strange and not true inventions on the Internet, so that's how I understood it. My main concern is that my system meets my expectations and not to "make a fool of someone"

zdenek

Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:54 pm

We have a problem with one channel, the RIGHT one, namely there is a noticeable slight crack of the cutting knife pressing on the brass sheet, with the copper one there is no such problem, slight cracks occur only in the attack [internal] channel, is this a normal phenomenon? It does not matter whether Is a modulated groove being cut or is only a quiet, non-modulated groove being cut? There are slight crackling noises, how to correct it? Does anyone have experience in cutting copper sheets or brass mirrors?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zdenek

Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:23 pm

beautiful words, but that's only half of the story...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_HDESJlUm0
the cause of the noise in one channel turned out to be rolled copper, it is not suitable for mastering, would anyone like to sell me a damaged copper plate for half the market price [meaning damaged in some places] an original copper-plated stainless steel 14-inch DMM plate?

zdenek

Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:03 pm

the crackling issue has been resolved

zdenek

Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:58 pm

https://www.scan-speak.dk/datasheet/pdf/d2908-714000.pdf
we will go all the way, cheap cannot be good, so to be good it should be very expensive, we will check it experimentally, and in the end, if they do not burn in the head, they will remain in the loudspeakers or in the dustbin of history...

zdenek

Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:16 pm

We came to the following conclusion: since two sets of Chinese vibrating loudspeakers costing $40 provide quite decent quality of recordings, but up to 7kHz, then loudspeakers from a reputable company for $1000 [twenty times more expensive] set should achieve a bandwidth of at least twice the frequency, i.e. the frequencies should be well be audible in the range of approximately 14kHz, is it possible?

zdenek

Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:07 pm

you had to pay a lot of money to make an effective and efficient cutting head.
Things are as follows:
the magnetic force [magnetic field between the N and S poles] in the gap of the magnetic system of Scan Speak speakers for $500 each is many times higher and is 3T than in Chinese vibrators for $20 each where the field in the gap of the magnetic system is below 0.5T in these vibrators , which results in a very high magnetic efficiency of the Scan Speak loudspeaker and, consequently, much less power is needed to achieve the intended 20kHz bandwidth. The effectiveness of the Scan Speak loudspeakers is stunning! SUPER!
It's a simple calculation, price equals quality.
You can't make a 600 HP AMG engine at home, you have to be honest and humbly accept it as the truth... I recently read that an old German head costs $20k, I'm not surprised at all...

zdenek

Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:47 pm

the fact that it doesn't look like a pig and doesn't squeal like a pig but tastes and smells like a pig, it's definitely a pig..."

zdenek

Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:19 pm

It's a bit strange for me what I'm going to say now, well, we used various materials for the cutting head casing, including an alloy of MWJ metals, i.e. brass and bronze, aluminum and its alloys, carbon steel, stainless steel, and it turned out that the best material for the head casing was it turned out to be bamboo, i.e. a bamboo kitchen board connected at a ninety-degree angle, I don't know why, but bamboo has some special vibration damping properties, eliminating various secondary resonances, we achieve a fantastic frequency response of high and low frequencies, i.e. the entire acoustic band is perfectly audible when cutting copper, does anyone have any experience with bamboo?