A new project

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

quatorg

A new project

Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:57 pm

Hello everyone,

It's been a few years now that I know about this blog. Indeed, I had been mentioned its existence in 2019 as part of a project of a device allowing the burning of vinyl as you can imagine. So it is an honor to be able to make my first post through this topic.

But I forget to introduce myself, my name is Quentin: a French guy who is passionate about too many things including the vinyl record.
It's through this passion that I had the idea to work on the creation of a device allowing to make them (I didn't know the real existence of this kind of device), initially through the laser technology. I was lucky enough to be able to carry out this project as part of my technological university diploma in mechanical and production engineering. That's when I discovered this blog, to deepen the information of the Bachmann patent that I think you all know. After a design almost finalized and a manufacturing started, the crisis of Covid put an end to this school project because of the closing of the establishments.

So I decided to relaunch this project with a colleague and a friend of his, both passionate about DIY and vintage hifi. Our current objective is to build a reliable base of reference to experiment and innovate in a second time
The purpose of this topic will be to share and exchange on the work done during this new project we are starting.

If you have any tips and/or recommendations, such as tweeters references, we are eager to hear them.

Musically,