Microscope Light Possibilities??

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Soulbear

Microscope Light Possibilities??

Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi Trolls,
Recently Deke Dickerson wrote:
I'm looking for a microscope light like the one pictured below. This is for the microscope on my Scully, though I've been told that this style actually comes from a Presto recorder. I have the microscope and the base, just need the light. I have already contacted Len and Jacob Horowitz and also Mike Dixon and they don't have any available. I'm really needing this part, so if you have one, have cash and I'm desperate! Let me know!

Deke Dickerson
I made a sugesstion about using a Lenser K2 Mini Torchlight :D
Microscope Light.jpg
However! More recently whilst out shopping I came across these Cosmetician Tweezer Whatsits :idea: :idea: ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Soulbear

Re: Microscope Light Possibilities??

Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Microscope Light-3.jpg
Then I thought about these babies :idea: :idea:
Microscope Light-1.jpg
Microscope Light-2.jpg
What do we think Guys and Gals??
:wink: :) :D Soulbear :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Greg Reierson

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:30 pm

I have some random LED flashlight feeding the scope on my lathe. Hooked it up to a 5 volt wall wart and it's been working perfectly for many years. Experiment. Lots of ways to do it.
Greg Reierson
http://www.RareFormMastering.com
VMS70 :: SAL74B :: SX74

Deke Dickerson

Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:20 pm

Soulbear—

So funny you’d post this, because since my last post I’ve been working on the same idea.

Here’s what I came up with, I used some old microphone stand clips to make the clip and an LED flashlight to clip in it. The LED is too bright, honestly, but for the first time in my lathe restoration I’m looking at grooves, instead of looking on eBay for non-existent vintage microscope lights!

It’s a pretty easy DIY project, so I would recommend it to anybody who needs a microscope light.

Deke

Greg Reierson

Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Here's my flashlight / camera rig.

Not sure why the image is sideways...
Greg Reierson
http://www.RareFormMastering.com
VMS70 :: SAL74B :: SX74