Soul Sculptor

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Soulbear

Re: Soul Sculptor

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:55 am

Hi Scotty,
Snug Music wrote:testcuts in wav 96khz following in few days...;)
Ich bin so sehr erfreut, dass Sie voll und ganz von Ihren Verletzungen erholt sind, kann ich nicht die Ergebnisse Ihrer neuesten Design hören warten Mit freundlichen Grüßen
:wink: :P :D Soulbear

fredbissnette

Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:52 pm

your cutterhead looks great man!
Instagram @styluspressurerecords

Soulbear

Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:28 am

Hi Fred,
fredbissnette wrote:your cutterhead looks great man!
It's most kind of you to say so. Soul Sculptor is too large to fit on the "Lazarus Lathe Project" DR33C Lathe, it's a similar story with my Poltz Freres Lathe, but I've "High Hopes" of making an Adaptor Bracket, to fit it to my AR Sugden "Connoisseur" Lathe eventually. My "Rough & Ready" Heath Robinson type tests of this Cutterhead, by pressing a Dummy Stylus onto the Chassis of a Gas Fire, gave really encouraging results. The music I played through it, was reproduced surprisingly "Loud & Clear" I'm looking forward to "Propperly Testing" this Cutterhead in the fullness of time. It was not too difficult to make, provided that you have something to clamp the Aluminium with, to enable you to acurately undertake the Drilling of the Main Body. I've used this little "Hobby" type Stanley Vice to great effect, on this, and the "Lazarus Lathe Project", Highly Recommended :-
Stanley Hobby Vice.JPG
I'm glad if maybe Soul Sculptor's construction, has given you a few "Cutterhead Build" idea's for your own Project, especially as you mentioned in one of your posts, you were thinking of using the Dayton Exciters.
Regards :wink: :P :D Soulbear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Soulbear

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:54 am

Hi Trolls,
Well it looks like there just might be some "Mileage" in using the Dayton Exciters for Cutterhead Motors, as used here in the "Soul Sculptor" Cutterhead after all :-

http://lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6866

Kudos to Fred who's made a great little business proposition from a "Standing Start" and in only 4 months, utillising these exciters within his own Cutterhead. The "Embossed" Tunes he's recorded whilst not approaching the Clarity of the Standard of the "Upper Echelons" of the Mastering Lathe Pro's, still sound pretty OK to my ears. Like the title of the Novel by Charles Dickens, when I eventually get to test Soul Sculptor, I've got "Great Expectations"
Regards
Soulbear :wink: :P :D

fredbissnette

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:52 pm

thanks for the kind words
looking foreward to hearing yours too

these exciters are great
i wanna build a head out of the 40w ones too hehe
Instagram @styluspressurerecords